The Redemption of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden - Jessica Sorensen So this book pretty much picks up right where book one left off. So if you haven't read book 1, don't read on. There will be major spoilers if you do....I warned you.Callie has just walked in on Kayden in a pool of blood. She has doesn't know for sure what happened but she has a pretty good idea. Kayden is whisked off to the hospital. So, here is where things get interesting. Kayden has a lot of shit to work out in his own head. He has suffered horrific abuse and he has kept it all to himself. Callie is the only one, aside from his family, who knows. When he is in the hospital they decide to put him in inpatient treatment for his cutting. Callie is devastated. A book 2 in a series like this is always hard for me to review without giving too much away. So here is my gif rendition of how this book went for me.So why did I give this emotional roller coaster three stars? Because it was so long and so depressing. There were moments of happiness, but they were filled with sex. Not that I have anything against sex, but did these people ever crack a smile? I'm not sure they did. This was the most angst ridden book I have read in a LONG time. There were a lot of fillers and a lot of repetition. And the climax, well, it was a bit anticlimactic for me.I agree with fellow reviews on the epilogue. Why did the book end that way. Weird. Not a major cliffhanger just tying up some loose ends and setting up for a book 3. So if you loved book one, you will want to read book two. But I really didn't love it. It too me a LONG time to get through. I had to read a few lighthearted and happy book in between to make it though. I really forced myself to finish. I never do that. Anyway, it is getting lots of wonderful five star reviews from others, so some people must be enjoying it. Just not for me. If you read it. Let me know what you think.3 Sad Stars for me.