Bite Me (Bitten, #1) - C.C. Wood Bite me was a funny little gem. My understanding is that this author typically writes short serial novellas. This was her first full length novel at about 276 pages. For her first, this one was really good. It was fun and funny, it was sexy and romantic all at once. I really enjoyed the character development and the plot pacing was perfect. I was enthralled from page one.This story is about Donna. She is an advertising agent who has recently lost her job. (More on that later) She has downsized her apartment and is working as a waitress in a bar. She is smart and beautiful and not a damsel in distress...yet.Into her life walks Conner. He is a brooding and beautiful specimen of a man. His piecing blue eyes glow when he is angry...or horny. Hell yes! Oh, and ladies, he has a Scottish accent. HELLO! Panty melter!So, back to the story, Conner walks into the bar, and all of the ladies swoon. Donna notices him but doesn't talk to him. Later that night, she gets an up close and personal view of his fangs as he rescues her from certain doom. *swoon*Conner finds Donna very intriguing. There is just something about her that he knows he has to have. She seems to be resistant to his vampiric persuasion and she her blood virtually calls to him. Donna, she is reluctant. She has no idea who this guy is and he claims to be a vampire. She is quite certain he is delusional."Well, the voices of my hormones were telling me they didn’t care if he was crazy because he was beautiful and they wanted to ride him into the ground."- DonnaEventually, she realizes that the chemistry is too overwhelming to ignore. She takes a chance...And the sex was OUT OF THIS WORLD! So, they just have to do it again...right?"Fucking hormones. They had no common sense."- DonnaConner is sure that he has found his soul mate. He knows that they are meant to be together. This is a little fast for Donna. She likes him, but soul mates?This is where things get interesting. Or at least more interesting. We are introduced to our villain, Marissa and her minion who also happens to be Donna's old boss and a total creeper.Donna finds herself immersed in a plot to take over vampire kind and she is a pawn being used to maneuver Conner. She is in danger, so Conner of course goes all cave man protective and tries to hide her away. Because that always works...right? R-I-G-H-T...Donna finds herself in a bit of a precarious situation. What ever is she to do...Well, she never did loose her snarky sense of humor."Marissa was still sour-faced and in a foul temper, but even her raging case of cuntitis couldn’t dampen our mood."Marissa, you are going down!I don't want to give too much away other than to say that this is a single book that starts out wonderfully and comes to a close with no loose ends to tie up, unless you count Conner's friend...who has his sights set on Donna's friend Ivie.I absolutely adore this writing style. I am very much looking forward to more from C.C. Wood. This was a fun read that I could not put down. I LOVED Conner and Donna was so damn funny. She was a freaking riot. Her friends were also absolutely hilarious and beyond loyal. There were not too many action scenes nor was there constant sex. The highlight of this book was the burgeoning relationship between the two main characters. Now, that is not to say that the sex wasn't hot. Because it was, like seriously hot. And that is not to say that the action wasn't good, because it was stellar.C.C., I'll be looking forward to your next one! Well done!4 Neck Biting Stars!