Escaping Reality - Lisa Renee Jones This was a suspense filled roller coaster ride that I did not want to get off. I absolutely adored this book.Amy is a young woman who is on the run. She has a "handler" who she only knows because he rescued her once from almost being caught. She has no idea who is after her, only that she has to keep moving. She gets a message from her handler that she is in danger of being discovered and she has to drop everything and get on a plane to start a new life with a new identity.Liam is an architect at the height of his career. He is boarding a plane headed for Denver to pitch his idea for the next big building in the city. Liam spots Amy in the airport terminal, and as luck would have it, she is seated right next to him.Amy is drawn to Liam but knows that she can not get into a relationship. She has no idea what will happen when she arrives in Denver or even who she will be. She is caught completely off guard and Liam seems to be able to see right through her lies. Amy keeps having these feelings that she is being followed and watched. She begins to question everything and everyone.Amy tries to run from Liam. She tries again and again. He is persistent and he won't give up. For some inexplicable reason, she trusts him at a time when she trusts no one.She decides on a brief and amazing encounter, but Liam has other ideas...“When I want something, I go after it. And baby, I want you, and all I can say is you might be smart to run before I get any more into you, but please don't.” Liam starts to fall for Amy. He has never fallen for anyone before. Amy can't fall for Liam, it isn't safe for her or him. She has to keep him safe, but she just can't walk away from the feelings she is developing for this enigmatic man.“All I know is he's letting me see it, and him, and he is exactly what he preaches. Raw and honest, and intense and I believe in this moment that we are a rainbow of the same colors, none of them bright or beautiful. We are the many shades of gray and black, hoping to find a glimmer of light in each other, not more darkness. ”Amy wants the knight in shining armor, but she knows that it is all an illusion. In the end, only she can save herself, right?This one ended with a HUGE cliffhanger. Why that didn't annoy the hell out of me? I have no clue. This one will be followed up fairly quickly with the next book set to be published in October, a mere month away. For those of you who have to wait for book two, it won't be long. For the rest of us, we will have to marinate in our angst and wonder what the heck is gonna happen next!I adored this writing style. It is told from Amy's point of view. Amy has had a lot happen to her and we get glimpses of her past. I am hopeful that we will get the full story in the next installment. Amy was a well developed character. She was no shrinking violet. She did what she had to do to survive. Liam is a bit of a mystery. There is something more to him and I hope that I am guessing right about his role in this saga. I guess I will have to wait and see!5 Don't make me wait! Stars. ***This book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***