The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1) - Tarryn Fisher This book is highly rated on Goodreads and Amazon. Most people loved it. It's a twisted tale of a woman who is not the most moral or stable person on the planet.Olivia Kaspen has been living a meager existence. She lost the love of her life and she is a little obsessed with him. She had never really loved or been loved until Caleb.Caleb and Olivia met in college. He tried to sweep her off her feet but Olivia was not so easily won. She put up a fight, but Caleb wasn't backing down.Eventually he wore her down and they had time together. That was before Olivia killed all that there relationship was. She built there love on a web of lies and deceit. Emotionally, Olivia is extremely immature. She is dysfunctional and toxic in relationships.“I had now officially secured my front row seat on the train to Hell. Choo choo” A relationship built on lies may as well be built on a house of cards.When it all crumbled, she was left picking up the pieces of her life. But Olivia can't seem to move on.“You can only give your heart away once, after that, everything else will chase your first love” So when she sees Caleb in a record store, she can't help but approach him. To her surprise, he doesn't remember her. He has amnesia. So Olivia, being who she is, begins to build a new relationship with him. She knows that her time is short. He has been told by the doctors that he will regain his memory. Olivia knows what she is doing is wrong, but she does it anyway. “He was my crack. I could never get enough, and when I had him I was already thinking about when I could have him next.” Caleb doesn't remember who he was or what he was like. He woke up in a hospital bed and he was in a relationship with Leah. He has been with her for a while but he is not sure he wants to be. When he meets Olivia, something clicks. But Leah is not giving up so easily.Leah comes after Olivia and it is a battle for the man they both love. Leah goes after Olivia with all she has. Caleb is no longer sure where to turn or who to believe.Caleb's life may not have been as happy before the accident as it appeared on the outside. He has a chance to start over.Olivia drops a few bombs that leaves Caleb questioning everything he thought he knew about her.“There is more to loving someone than just making yourself happy. You have to want him to be happier than you are.” - Olivia This book is full of emotional stunted people. They come from pasts that leave them so damaged that they only know how to hurt each other. I felt so bad for Caleb. I don't think Olivia was maliciously setting out to destroy his life, but she did end up playing God. She made choices and did things that forever altered the path of his life, and she did it repeatedly. She did feel remorse, but not enough to keep her from doing it again. She was like a five year old and Caleb was a piece of candy that she simply had to have. She couldn't help herself.This book was brilliantly written and the character development was amazing. The dialogue was great, the flow was flawless. I just didn't connect with Olivia. I will not be reading the next book. It was just to hard for me to relate to the characters. So four stars for content. I took one off because I just didn't love this book. Having said that, lots of other people did. Perhaps it was just me.