The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) - Jessica Sorensen WARNING: Major Cliffhanger!!! Next book does not come out until August 6, 2013! ARRRG! My Review: I loved this book and despite the ginormous cliffhanger, which I hate, this was one of my favorite books this year. Callie's family is pretty average. They love her and they are supportive. She has an older brother and her parents never divorced. Callie's life should have been perfect, except for one thing. In her family they didn't really talk about things that were hard too much. So when the unthinkable happens to Callie, she feels she has no one to turn to. She holds everything inside until it starts to consume her. Kayden's life is far from normal. On the outside, everything looks perfect. His father is successful and while his family is never lacking for money, they are severely lacking in love. His father and mother are both alcoholics and when his father drinks, he goes into rages. When Kayden was seven, his oldest brother moved out. That was when Kayden started taking his share of the beatings. “I can do pain. That’s the easy part of life. It’s everything else, happiness, laughter, love, that’s fucking complicated.” - KaydenOne night, at a high school graduation party, Kayden's father goes off worse than ever. Kayden has never seen him loose control so completely and Kayden fears that this time his father may just go too far. Kayden accepts his fate. But fate has something else in mind, and in walks Callie. She is there to find her brother and despite being scared out of her mind, she steps in and saves Kayden. Kayden can't get Callie out of his head. All through school, she was the quiet one and especially after fifth grade where she withdrew and became a little strange. She was teased relentlessly and he doesn't know much about her, but he wants to. After graduation, Callie goes off to college early. She learns to trust and finds a new best friend and confidant. She shares her burden and finds that she can be different. As Callie is starting to heal, some of her past comes back to remind her of why she had to withdraw. Callie is forced to face her demons. Only this time, Kayden is there. Together they find that they are more than the sum of their parts. “That’s you. Callie, you’re the only person that’s ever made me feel happy about anything. That night you saved me, you changed something in me—you made me want to live.” - KaydenKayden begins to realize that he has choices and he doesn't have to continue to put up with the abuse. He is drawn to Callie and she makes him feel things he has never felt before. And is scares the crap out of him. I absolutely adored this book, cliffhanger and all. I fell in love with Kayden and I just wanted to take all of his hurt away. Callie was so fragile and hurt. I loved seeing her blossom and grow. [a:Jessica Sorensen|4601855|Jessica Sorensen|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1313716383p2/4601855.jpg] did an amazing job of staying true to the characters and their pasts. I felt every flinch that Callie had and was right there with Kayden as his demons threatened to consume him. This is a must read for fans of this genre. 5 HUGE stars!Read this review and more at: http://johnstohbibliomaniac.wordpress.com/