Fixed on You - Laurelin Paige Alayna is in her twenties. She has just finished her business degree. She is beautiful and motivated, and though she may have had a few restraining orders in her past, that is the past. She has a bit of an obsessive compulsive personality when it comes to relationships. She can't do them without smothering someone. But she has found a way around this little problem. She only dates men that she is not really all that into.Hudson is extremely successful. Most of his success and his business comes from his mother's side of the family. Hudson believes himself incapable of love. So to him, relationships are strictly for show and sex only. His family puts the f.u. in dysfunction. When Hudson sees Alayna, he is intrigued. “Because you’re looking for something temporary. Something fun to play with.” I leaned even closer to deliver my punch line—the one that would deter even the horniest of men. “And I get attached.” I stood back up to my full height so I could take in his reaction. “Now doesn’t that just scare you shitless?”- Alayna Alayna is very upfront about her little "problem". She tells Hudson that he should just steer clear of her.Hudson disagrees and he he proposed a bit of a mutually beneficial arrangement. They will play the part of being "in love" for the press but will never actually involve messy feelings. It will only be temporary and as long as Alayna keeps her feelings out of it, she can walk away with her pride intact and in a much better position than when she began.“I apologize for overwhelming you. That wasn’t my intent. But I want you to know that whether or not you decide to help with my situation, I will continue to seduce you. I’m a man who gets what he wants. And I want you.”- HudsonWhile she finds herself drawn to him, she also struggles with what is "normal" in relationships. Alayna has ALWAYS gone overboard and read too much into things. She doesn't know when to just let it go. Initially, she finds herself actually keeping it together. She is able to send just one text. Just one call, just one stop by the office.We have all had those moments haven't we? When we text a guy and he doesn't respond. You start to wonder, what did I do or say wrong? Does he not like me? Is he with someone else? Alayna takes it so much farther. Hudson has his own past. He believes himself incapable of love. He was raised by a mother that makes the wicked witch look nice. She torments Hudson and goes after Alayna with a vengeance.Hudson and Alayna have combustible chemistry that is present from the moment they meet. Alayna knows she should stay far far away from Hudson. He's the kind of guy that makes her go a little nuts. She hopes she's better, but to her, Hudson is like alcohol to an alcoholic. She is unable to resist his lure. When Hudson starts to show genuine emotion toward Alayna, his mother steps in. She tries to put Alayna in her place and she tramples on Hudson.She is the villain that we all love to hate. Hudson's secrets come out despite his best efforts to keep the hidden. His mother has throws them as carefully stored weapons. For the fragile and tenuous relationship between Hudson and Alayna it could be the end...Oh how I loves this one. I just love the MASSIVE dysfunction in this book. Imagine Cruel Intentions meets The Crush, with a whole lot of sex and the two main characters actually understand each others' brand of crazy. It was sweet and funny and amazing.“I’m drawn to you, Alayna. Not because I want to hurt you or make you feel a certain way, but because you’re beautiful and sexy and smart and, yes, a little crazy, maybe, but you’re not broken. And that makes me hopeful. For me.”- HudsonI loved to HATE Hudson's mother. What a horrible woman. She was just awful. It was no wonder that Hudson had issues. Alayna's family wasn't a lot better. There will be a book two and from what I understand it will pick up where this book left off. Can't wait.4 Crazy Ass Stars!