Tragic - J.A. Huss Rook is a girl who is down on her luck. In fact, she has been down on her luck for a long time. She spent her early years living with a drug addicted mother. She was then shuffled from foster home to foster home. She finally escaped the system when she met the most amazing guy. He took care of her and no one had ever done that before. But before she knew it that care took a turn that she never expected. Soon, she was running for her life.Ronin is a male model and i charge of all of the female models that work for Antoine, a famous photographer. Ronin's life has been no cake walk either but he has pulled his life together and is living the good life. He has money, a cool job and women at every turn.Antoine is a famous photographer who is a bit eccentric. He is also known for his mood swings and yelling. Antoine can be extremely difficult to work for.Call it luck, fate, destiny, whatever you call it Rook got it. She has a chance to be the face of a new ad campaign. All she has to do is endure Antoine's attitude and she's in. The only problem is that she has no idea what she is in for.This is not your typical modeling job. Rook must bare her soul to the camera and she is going to bare it with Ronin. While Ronin finds himself unable to stay away from Rook, she finds herself fearing that she will fall into another abusive relationship. She is unsure of her own choices and if she chooses wrong again, she may never recover.Eccentric photographers, rooftop cherry blossoms, money, beautiful clothes and a handsome man are so enticing to Rook.The chemistry between Rook and Ronin is hot. Rook begins to feel things she has only ever dreamed of feeling. Ronin plays her body like a fine instrument and that scares the hell out of her. In the end Rook must decide her own fate and for once, she is in charge. But will those choices keep her with Ronin, or take her far away?This book was really a good read. I had a few minor issues. There were a few loose ends that weren't addressed that bothered me. I am not a huge fan of the cover, but I read it anyway. The writing was good and the characters were amazing. If the loose ends were dealt with this would have been five stars for me.