Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) - K.A. Tucker Kacey is a young woman who finds herself running from a past she can't escape. Both of her parents were killed in a horrible car accident that she is forced to relive every night in her sleep. She is tormented by the accident that she alone survived. Her sister Livie, was spared from being in the car because she was home sick that night. Livie is now her only concern. She and Livie are running from their Aunt and Uncle. They are trying to start over and Kacey is determined that they will make it on their own. Trent is a guy with a past of his own. When Kacey sees he is the new guy in apartment 1d. She steers clear of him. The only problem is that she feels inexplicably drawn to him. Even though she tries desperately to resist him, she finds herself giving in to his advances and soon her heart is on the line. Trent has a past that doesn't stay hidden for long and soon Kasey has to face hers as well. Will she drown or will she learn to swim? This book had my heart breaking. I knew there was a big twist coming and I had a feeling I knew what it was, and I was right... Even though it was somewhat easy to spot, the plot twists are so well done you can't help but love this book. The author takes you into the heart and soul of a young woman who is drowning in fear and hate. She is wound so tight she is bound to break and Trent may be the one to save her, unless she can learn to save herself.I loved this book. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a sweet, angst-filled, thrilling and sexy ride. 5 Gut-wrenching Stars!