Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1) - Rebecca Zanetti Jake has a lot going for him. He is a respected attorney. He is a member of the Kooskia tribe. He has a strong extended family and lives in a close knit town. He thought he had everything he wanted, until Sophie blew into town. Sophie has come from the big city to small town Montana to pitch her design on a golf course. Sophie is a strong and independent woman. She has worked hard to get where she is in her life and in her career. She finds herself wanting to settle for what's comfortable instead of fighting for what she wants. Sophie finds herself going toe to toe with Jake, and Jake does not like to loose. Jake is Alpha male at its finest, oh and did I mention... he has dimples! "I'd give anything to stay inside you forever-just you and me, feeling you come over and over again, Sunshine." He murmured against her skin.Sophie has been hurt before and is hesitant to let Jake in, her head says no but her heart and her body are screaming yes. Jake and Sophie find themselves up against the wall. If she stayed she'd give up control to the force of nature that was Jake Lodge. His sensual gaze promised dark pleasure, but at what cost? This is a distinct change for writing for this author who wrote the Dark Protector series. This is her first Contemporary Romance novel and it did not disappoint. I actually like this author better in this genre. The build up was delicious and the fireworks were well worth the wait. I really enjoyed this one and finished it in one day. It was a quick and yummy read. I am giving this book 4 stars instead of five for a few reasons. One there were times that the beginning of the book dragged a bit. Not enough for me to loose interest, just a bit slow. Then the end felt like we skipped (some of) the good stuff. Still well worth the read!4 Contemporary Adult Romance Stars***This book was given in exchange for a fair and honest review.***