Firelight - Kristen Callihan Wow. What a surprise. This little gem has been sitting on my kindle for over eight long months. I never knew what I was missing. This is the story of Miranda Ellis. She is the young woman who has a special "gift" that cost her family their entire fortune. She is tough and proud. She ends up helping her father through less than savory means. Lord Benjamin Archer is a man of means and tittle. He has hidden himself away and hides behind a mask. He believes that he will never be "cured" of his ailment and he certainly does not believe he could or should find love.He finds a spunky Miranda on the streets and simply can not turn away. He offers her father a deal he can not refuse and marries the beautiful Miranda. He took a quick breath and his voice dropped. "You've no notion of the effect you have on me." Benjamin's past comes to haunt him when Victoria returns and sets out to have Benjamin for her own. Miranda is no shrinking violet. She is a tough and strong woman who will fight for her man. "Know this, there is only one truth left to me." His trembling fingertips caressed her jaw. "That I love you." He said it again, his voice broken, his arms pulling her tightly against him. "I love you. The rest is darkness." Kristin Callahan writes and amazing story set in historical London in the 1800's. She weaves a tail of love, adventure, redemption, and murder. All the while interlacing a tale of a beauty and a beast. This book was a solid 5 star read for me. The author is an amazing writer. The caliber of writing is hand above others in the ever expanding supernatural romance genre. The unique feel of a historic setting make this story fresh and unique. 5 Stars! Well Done!!